Summer is coming to a close, and what better way to say good-bye than with a delicious grilled salmon dinner? As a food stylist, I think of salmon as a “pretty” fish. Its rich orange color is a beauty! While you can slather salmon with a marinade, I prefer a simple dry rub. There are so many really interesting
as photographed by our team à la Carte Partners
flavorful rubs on the market. In the recipe and photo above, I’ve used Bone Suckin’ Sauce Seasoning and Rub. It is a blend of brown sugar, paprika, garlic and spices. McCormicks also has a great line of products called Grill Mates—Seafood Rub, Applewood Rub, and Sweet & Smoky Rub to name a few. You can also make up your own rub with seasonings that fit your tastes. Experiment… it’s what makes cooking fun!!
Makes 4 servings
4 salmon filets (6-oz. or 3/4-inch thick)
1-2 tablespoons Bone Suckin’ Sauce Seasoning and Rub
- Prepare grill & grease lightly
– With tweezers, remove any small bones from salmon steaks.
– With hands, rub seasoning over both sides of salmon steaks.
– Place salmon on hot grill rack. Cover grill and cook salmon 8 to 9 minutes, or until just opaque throughout, turning over once.
- Salmon is considered an oily fish, which contributes to its healthy attributes. It is high in protein, Omega-3 fatty acids and Vitamin D.