Need a quick holiday appetizer recipe? We’ve compiled a list of easy, no-recipe-required appetizers that combine a little of this and a little of that to give you an arsenal of hors d’oeuvres that you can serve now and all through the year. Print the list so it will be at your fingertips. You’ll be ready for anything!
mixed olives, roasted garlic & fresh rosemary (#16.)
1. Spoon cranberry chutney over a block of cream cheese; sprinkle with chopped pistachio nuts. Serve with crackers.
2. Wrap a cracked-pepper bread stick or lightly steamed asparagus spear with prosciutto.
3. Pipe your favorite hummus onto cucumber slices and sprinkle with chopped toasted nuts.
4. Pipe flavored cream cheese onto quartered pumpernickel bread slices or party rye slices; drizzle with warmed fig preserves.
5. Toss 2 cups of your favorite nuts with one beaten egg white; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar and your favorite spice blend. Spread on baking sheet and bake 300°F for 25 minutes.
6. Spoon finely chopped pears tossed with small amount of chutney onto ends of endive leaves. Sprinkle with gorgonzola cheese.
7. Cut your favorite store-bought pizza into bite-size pieces.
8. Brown sliced, fully cooked kielbasa in butter with a sprinkling of brown sugar; add drained, canned pineapple chunks. Serve warm with toothpicks.
9. Toss mozzarella balls (bocconcini) and grape tomatoes with your favorite balsamic vinaigrette. Serve with toothpicks.
10. Stir chopped sun-dried tomatoes and a small amount of basil pesto into neufchatel cheese. Serve with toasted bread slices.
11. Heat store-bought breaded chicken tenders. Serve with a dipping sauce made from warm apricot preserves combined with a dash or two of chili powder and a splash of BBQ sauce.
12. Sprinkle cooked baby back ribs with toasted sesame seeds; cut into individual ribs and serve with duck sauce.
13. Spread a large flour tortilla with store-bought salmon spread; sprinkle with capers and minced red onion; roll up, then cut crosswise into 3/4 inch slices to make spirals.
14. Stir chopped mango into your favorite salsa. Serve with tortilla chips.
15. Split dried apricots. Fill each with a small piece of brie and drizzle with raspberry preserves.
16. Toss store-bought mixed olives with roasted garlic cloves, fresh rosemary sprigs, sea salt and red pepper flakes; heat, covered with foil, until warm. Serve with toothpicks.
17. Serve cooked, peeled shrimp with chipolte mayonnaise mixed with a splash of BBQ sauce and a spoonful of honey mustard.
18. Cut steamed tiny red or fingerling potatoes in half; top with a dab of sour cream, and sprinkle with finely chopped cooked bacon, minced chives, sea salt and cracked pepper.
19. Top a warmed brie wheel with a warm mixture of canned apple pie filling and a dash of balsamic vinegar; sprinkle with toasted pecans.
20. Spoon your favorite warmed chili into Tostitos Scoops; sprinkle with shredded Cheddar cheese and minced scallions.
21. On toothpick, thread a chunk of Black Forest Ham and a small cornichon. Serve with whole grain mustard for dipping.
22. Cook frozen cocktail meatballs. Serve with store-bought tzatziki sauce.
23. Toss chopped dried cherries and chopped pistachio nuts with enough honey to bind mixture. Spoon over goat cheese log. Serve with crackers.
24. Top a cucumber slice with a thin smoked salmon slice; add a dab of sour cream, capers, and minced chives.
25. LAST BUT NOT LEAST!!! Lightly brush frozen soft pretzels with water. Sprinkle with your favorite seasoning. Bake and cut into serving pieces. Serve with mustard, or, if seasoning topping is sweet, caramel or chocolate sauce.